The Dreamer Scholarship is provided through the Student Government Association (SGA) and the Rho Beta Chapter of Sigma Lambda Beta (SLB) for DACA-affiliated or undocumented students planning to continue their education at Wichita State University.
Awards are based on academic excellence, leadership in on-campus activities/organizations, and financial need. The committee will award students scholarships ranging from $500 to $1,500.
Wichita State University (WSU) stands as a public research institution situated in Wichita, Kansas, overseen by the Kansas Board of Regents. The university comprises six colleges and presents an array of over 60 undergraduate degree programs spanning 200+ fields of study.
Why study at Wichita State University? The university provides students with comprehensive and top-tier career and information services, ensuring professionalism throughout. This encompassing support entails job-related assets, counseling sessions, and skill enhancement workshops, along with initiatives for student growth and community engagement.
Application Deadline: The Dreamer Scholarship is now open.
- University or Organization: Wichita State University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate or graduate degree
- Awards: Tuition-fees
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: Domestic students
- The award can be taken in the United States
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded in any undergraduate degree subjects in any subject offered by the university.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must have high school certificates with a good academic record.
- Be an incoming or current WSU student
- Must have a minimum of 2.5 GPA at the University or a 3.0 GPA for incoming high-school graduates
- Must be an undocumented student and/or student involved with the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: For applying, applicants need to take admitted to the university. After being accepted, claimants can complete the application form for this studentship.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit all the following documents:
- Attach a typed one-page essay about yourself. Must include information describing your leadership and service to Wichita State University.
- Attach a copy of a current unofficial transcript,
- Admission Requirements: To take admitted to the university, the applicant can check the admission requirement.
- Language Requirements: All applicants are required to provide evidence of their English language.
The committee will award students scholarships ranging from $500 to $1,500 to the successful candidates for the session year 2023/2024.