The Vrije Universiteit Brussel, along with Université libre de Bruxelles (ULB), and Gent University (UGENT) have united their expertise and emerged with the Ph.D. Scholarships in Photonic Ising Machines Implementations. The applications for the academic year 2022-2023 are now open.
The scholarship application can be made by all interested students, be it international or domestic national students. To be eligible for the scholarship, the applicants are expected to hold a Master of Physics/Master of Engineering degree and relevant skills and experience. The applicants will be offered a grant with various other benefits such as transport reimbursement, insurance, meals at exclusive prices, etc upon being selected.
The Vrije Universiteit Brussel is the offshoot of the French-speaking Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB) that was founded in 1834 by a Brussels lawyer with Flemish origins, Pierre-Théodore Verhaegen. It ranks 201st in the Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Why choose to study at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel? Vrije Universiteit Brussel is an internationally oriented university in Brussels, the heart of Europe. VUB wants to contribute in an active and committed way to a better society for tomorrow through tailor-made high-quality research and education.
Application Deadline: Applications must be submitted latest by 16th June 2022.
- University or Organization: Vrije Universiteit Brussel
- Department: Department of Physics
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Tuition fee
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and International
- The award can be taken in Belgium.
Apply Also University of Western Australia
- Eligible Countries: Students from all countries including the host country, i.e. Belgium are eligible to apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Students can apply for the Ph.D. program at the Faculty of Sciences and Bioengineering Sciences, Department of Physics at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have skills in experimental physics and in particular optics/photonics, computational physics, theoretical physics, non-linear dynamics, and analytical computation.
How to Apply for Ph.D. Scholarships
- How to Apply: The applicants can apply for admission via the university portal. To obtain application details about the Ph.D. positions.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Your CV
- Your letter of motivation
- the names of 3 people who may be contacted for recommendations
- The highest degree you’ve attained (not applicable for VUB alumni)
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must have a master of Physics/Master of Engineering degree qualification.
- Language Requirement: Students must be proficient in writing and speaking the English language.
Benefits of Ph.D. Scholarships
The selected candidates will be offered a grant linked to one of the scales set by the government by the Vrije Universiteit Brussel along with the following benefits:
- Full reimbursement for your home-work commute with public transport according to VUB-policy, or compensation if you come by bike
- Cost-free hospitalization insurance
- The space to form your job content and continuously learn via VUB LRN
- Excellent facilities for sports and exercise
- Delicious meals at attractive prices in our campus restaurants
- An open, family-friendly work environment where attention is paid to work-life balance, and exceptional holiday arrangements with 35 days of leave (based on a full-time contract)