Vice Chancellor’s International Excellence Scholarship
at the University of Waikato
To render support to talented international students in their endeavor of pursuing higher education in New Zealand, the University of Waikato has established the Vice Chancellor’s International Excellence funding for the academic year 2022-2023.
All international students enrolled and admitted at the University of Waikato in any undergraduate or postgraduate degree program for an offline study are eligible to apply for this application and win an award worth NZD$15,000. Students will be considered based on their admission application.
Why choose to study at the University of Waikato? The University of Waikato harbors a mission to combine the creation of knowledge through research, scholarship, and creative works with the dissemination of knowledge through teaching, publication, and performance. The university is committed to delivering world-class education.
Application Deadline: Applications for 2022 and 2023 can be submitted at any time.
- University or Organization: University of Waikato
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate or Postgraduate Taught
- Award: NZD$15,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in New Zealand.
Apply Also: Miyazaki International College
- Eligible Countries: All international students can apply.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Undergraduate or Postgraduate Taught in any preferred subject area of choice taught at the University of Waikato can be applied for.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must demonstrate academic excellence.
How to Apply For Vice Chancellor’s International Scholarship
- How to Apply: Students can log in to the university portal and apply for admission. All eligible applicants will be considered.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Three reference letters (at least two academics)
- Copies of official academic transcripts
- Copy of Master‡s thesis if this is available in English
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must meet the course-specific requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores on the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS(Academic) – 6.5 overall (no band less than 6.0)
- iBT (internet-based) TOEFL – 90 with a score of 21 in writing
- iBT (home-based) TOEFL – 90 with a score of 21 in writing
- C1 Advanced (formally known as Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE)) – 176 and no bands below 169
- C2 Proficiency (formally known as Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE)) – 176 and no bands below 169
- Language Cert International ESOL (LRWS) – C1 Expert with an overall high pass and no less than a pass in each skill
- Language Cert International ESOL (LRWS) – C2 Mastery with an overall pass and no less than a pass in each skill
- New Zealand Certificate in English Language (NZCEL) – Level 5 (Academic)
- Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB) – Minimum score of 85
- Pearson PTE Academic
- 58 and no PTE communicative skills below 50
- Trinity College London Integrated Skills in English (ISE)
- III with a pass in all four components
- University of Waikato College
- Successful completion of Level 8 with a B grade average in the Certificate of Attainment in Academic (CAAE) program
Benefits of Vice Chancellor’s International Scholarship
Successful applicants who demonstrate excellent academic achievements will be awarded up to NZD$15,000 by the University of Waikato for their education cost.