The University of Twente is establishing its International Ph.D. Position in Hollow Fiber Membrane Development for the academic session 2023-2024.
The scholarship program is particularly open to international students who wish to undertake the Ph.D. degree program at the university.
The University of Twente is a renowned research institution located in the Netherlands. The university was founded in 1961. It was ranked among the top 400 universities in the world and provided a variety of academic programs leading to degrees. The Universiteit Twente (UT) is a public technical institution that is placed 197th in the QS Global World Rankings 2021 and is considered to be one of the best public universities in the Netherlands. It has the unmistakable mission of putting people first in the creation of a university of technology, one in which community input is solicited and accepted through reasonable resolutions.
Why study at the University of Twente? UT’s rigorous academic standards and packed schedules provide opportunities for researchers to stretch both their minds and their social skills. The institution provides an education of the highest caliber, with an emphasis on collaborative project work, within a setting that is both distinctive and relaxed. Students will leave this program with an excellent grasp of other cultures as well as good work opportunities.
Application Deadline: 20 June 2023
- University or Organization: University of Twente
- Department: Earth Observation Science
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: € 2,541 – € 3,247
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands
Apply Also Radboud University
- Eligible Countries: All international students are eligible to apply.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded to a Ph.D. research project subject offered by the University of Twente.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- You have, or will shortly, acquire a master’s degree (or equivalent) preferably with distinction (or international equivalent) in chemical engineering, materials engineering, chemistry, or a related field.
- You are creative and have excellent analytical and communication skills.
- You bring good team spirit and like to work in an interdisciplinary and internationally oriented environment.
- You are proficient in English.
- You have a background in membrane technology, polymer chemistry, or materials synthesis.
- You have prior experience with experimental skills, ideally including membrane fabrication and characterization techniques.
- You have knowledge or proven practical programming experience in Python, and/or MATLAB or are highly motivated to learn such.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Interested students are required to complete the online application form from the university and confirm their enrolment in the university. The accepted applicants will be considered. No separate application for the opportunity is required.
- Supporting Documents: A motivation letter (maximum two pages of A4) emphasizing their specific interest, qualifications, and motivations to apply for this position;
- Curriculum Vitae (including contact information for at least two academic references)
- Admission Requirements: The applicants must hold relevant bachelor’s degree certification to support their master’s application and secure admission at the University of Twente.
- Language Requirement: Candidates are proficient in written and spoken English.
The University of Twente will provide all the following:
- An inspiring multidisciplinary and challenging international and academic environment. The UT offers a fun and dynamic environment with enthusiastic colleagues where collaboration with other researchers is stimulated.
- As a Ph.D. student at UT, you will be appointed to a full-time position for four years, with a qualifier in the first year.
- Your salary and associated conditions are in accordance with the collective labor agreement for Dutch universities (CAO-NU).
- You will receive a gross monthly salary ranging from € 2.541,- to € 3.247,-.
- There are excellent benefits including a holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%, and a solid pension scheme.
- A minimum of 232 leave hours in case of full-time employment is based on a formal workweek of 38 hours. Full-time employment in practice means 40 hours a week, therefore resulting in 96 extra leave hours on an annual basis.
- A family-friendly institution that offers parental leave (both paid and unpaid).
- You will have a training program as part of the Twente Graduate School where you and your supervisors will determine a plan for a suitable education and supervision.