University of Sussex
Deadline: 1 June 2020 (Annual)
Study in: UK
Course starts September 2020
The University of Sussex is making available the Geoffrey Oldham Memorial Scholarships. It is made for students who wish to undertake a Masters degree programme at the University’s Science Policy Research Unit (SPRU). These scholarships are offered in celebration of the legacy of Geoffrey Oldham. He co-founded the SPRU in 1966. He served as Deputy Director before becoming Director in 1982.
Science Policy Research Unit (SPRU) at the University of Sussex
Level/Field(s) of study:
Masters degree in courses under Science Policy Research Unit (SPRU):
- Energy Policy MSc
- Project Management MSc
- Science and Technology Policy MSc
- Strategic Innovation Management MSc or
- Sustainable Development MSc.
Number of Scholarships:
Students from all countries
Each scholarship is worth £10,000, which will be used towards tuition fee reduction.
Eligible applicants of Geoffrey Oldham Memorial Scholarships, are those who have accepted an offer of a full time place on 1 of the eligible Masters courses in SPRU (see above).
You can only apply for this scholarship, after you have accepted an offer of a place on a course. You will need to have excellent academic scores to date and need to provide a statement of academic interests. This statement will be assessed on the following information you furnish in the statement:
- clear and specific goals with what you aim to do after you finish your Masters.
- significant work experience or extra-curricular activities related to your chosen Masters and
- how your research interests will contribute to furthering Geoffrey Oldham’s work on Science and Technology and Gender.
Note: The application deadline for the scholarship is 1 June 2020.
It is important to visit the official website for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.