State University of New York College at Geneseo offers the International Student Academic Merit Awards for International students. The program is open for the academic session 2023-2024 to study in the US.
The Academic scholarship funding program for International students is renewable for up to four years with a GPA of 3.0 or higher. Freshman (first-year) and transfer students are eligible for programs. International applicants admitted to SUNY Geneseo are automatically considered.
International Student Academic Merit Awards at State University of New York College, USA
Nice opportunity for international candidates to study in the USA with an International Student Academic Merit Award at the State University of New York College, Geneseo.
Founded in 1871, Geneseo is one of the country’s premier public liberal arts colleges. Nationally recognized for excellence and value in the liberal arts, Geneseo is known for its exceptional faculty, welcoming atmosphere, and reputation for producing fiercely loyal alums.
Why study at the State University of New York College, Geneseo? The university provides advanced knowledge and motivates students to be socially liable and globally aware nationals who are prepared for an enriched life and success on the globe.
Application Deadline: January 1 for the fall semester and October 1 for the spring semester.
- University or Organization: State University of New York College at Geneseo
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: $5,000 USD – $9,000 USD per year
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the US.
Apply Also Heidelberg University
- Eligible Countries: All international countries are eligible to apply.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Students can apply to study in an undergraduate program offered at SUNY Geneseo.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Applicants must be international students applying to SUNY Geneseo for enrollment into an undergraduate program for the summer, fall, or spring semester. Scholarship applicants must have a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0.
- They must have high school certificates with good academic records.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants must apply for admission to the university’s undergraduate degree program. After that, students are eligible to apply for this award.
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Completed Application Form
- Appropriate Academic Records
- Proof of English Proficiency
- One letter of recommendation
- Personal Statement
- Financial Statement of Support
- Passport ID page photocopy
- SAT/ACT (not required)
- Admission Requirements: Up-to-date official transcripts from all secondary schools (high schools) you have attended with English translations.
- Language Requirement: The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- The International Admission Committee requires that all students provide proof of their English language abilities.
- Official results from the following English proficiency exams are accepted:
- TOEFL (internet-based minimum score: 75)
- Institution Code: 2540
- IELTS (minimum score of 6.5 overall. No section can be below 6.0)
- PTE (minimum 58)
- iTEP (minimum 3.7)
- MET (minimum 53)
- Eiken Grade Pre-1
- Duolingo English Test (minimum 105)
- Cambridge English
- Skills for English (CEFR B2 w/ Merit)
The State University of New York College at Geneseo will provide an award amount ranging from $5,000 – $9,000 per year to successful candidates.