These awards are open for the academic session 2023-2024.
The scholarships are available to support high-achieving and excellent international applicants who want to commence an undergraduate degree program at the School of Earth and Environment in the UK. Successful applicants will get a scholarship is up to £5,000 in total, with £3,000 awarded in the first year and £1,000 in subsequent years, subject to satisfactory performance.
Excellent opportunity for international students to study in the UK.
The University of Leeds is a world-renowned research-intensive institute found in Leeds, West Yorkshire, in the United Kingdom. It was established in 1904 and has since grown to become one of the most prominent institutes in the UK, with over 38,000 learners from more than 170 nations. The institute is consistently ranked in the top 100 universities and brings together some of the world’s leading research universities.
Why study at the University of Leeds? Leeds is a well-respected institution with a history of academic excellence. It consistently ranks highly in global university rankings, including the QS World University Rankings and the Times Higher Education World University Rankings. It offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate courses across many different subject areas.
Application Deadline: 18 May 2023.
- University or Organization: University of Leeds
- Department: School of Earth and Environment
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: Up to £5,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
Apply Also Massey University
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded for an undergraduate degree in any subject offered by the university
- Environmental Science BSc
- Geology BSc
- Geophysics BSc
- Sustainability and Environmental Management BSc
- Environment and Business BA
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants must be international students classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- Applicants must be self-funding and new to the University of Leeds, entering at Level 1.
- Applicants must have received an offer to study on an eligible undergraduate degree course within the School of Earth and Environment for the 2023/24 academic year.
- Applicants must not be in receipt of any other University of Leeds award.
- Applicants who have successfully completed the International Foundation Year (IFY) at the University of Leeds will also be considered for the scholarship.
- Applicants must achieve a yearly attainment percentage of 60% or above with all modules passed at the first attempt to receive the scholarship for subsequent years.
- The scholarship will not be awarded for the industrial placement or study abroad year.
How to Apply for School of Earth Scholarship
- How to Apply: To apply for this scholarship program, applicants must first apply to the School of Earth and Environment undergraduate degree program at the University of Leeds. After that, applicants will be automatically considered.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must submit the required documents, including degree certificates, academic transcripts, partial/interim transcripts, and scanned copies of any UK visa/permits they currently hold or have previously held if they are applying as international students.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, candidates are required to meet the academic entry requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: Applicants whose first language is not English must meet the university’s English language requirements.
Benefits of School of Earth Scholarship
- The University of Leeds will provide a scholarship is up to £5,000 in total, with £3,000 awarded in the first year and £1,000 in subsequent years, subject to satisfactory performance.
- If the applicant fails to achieve 60% or above in a given year, the scholarship will be withheld for that year but may be reinstated if their performance recovers to 60% or above the following year.