Whether you’re after career progression, skills enhancement or just love to learn, a PhD degree could be for you! Swansea University is pleased to offer the Fully Funded EPSRC PhD Scholarship in Mathematics.
The funding opportunity is available for domestic and international students who normally hold an undergraduate degree at 2.1 level or a master’s degree with a minimum overall grade at ‘Merit’
Recognized in 1920, Swansea University has set high standards for teaching. It is ranked top in Wales in The Guardian University Guide 2023, and 26th overall. It is research-driven and works to solve real-world problems and global challenges.
Why study at Swansea University? When students choose to study at Swansea University, they become part of an ambitious, research-led institution and also benefit from living in one of the UK’s beautiful regions. It has a large and active student population and is highly rated for both teaching quality and student satisfaction.
Application Deadline: 26 April 2023.
- University or Organization: Swansea University
- Department: Mathematics
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Full cost of tuition fees and an annual stipend of £17,668
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the UK
Apply Also University of Norwegian
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded for the full-time PhD program in Mathematics
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Candidates must normally hold an undergraduate degree at 2.1 level or a master’s degree with a minimum overall grade at ‘Merit’ (or Non-UK equivalent as defined by Swansea University).
- Applicants are holding a non-UK degree, see Swansea University degree comparisons to find out if they meet the eligibility.
How to Apply for EPSRC PhD Scholarship
- How to Apply: To apply, applicants must complete their application online with the following information:
- Course choice – select Mathematics / PhD / Full-time / 3 Year / July
- Start year – select 2023
- Funding – 1) ‘Are you funding your studies yourself?’ – select No, 2) ‘Name of Individual or organization providing funds for study’ – enter ‘RS315 – PhD Maths’
- Supporting Documents: As part of your online application, applicants must upload the following documents:
- Degree certificates and transcripts
- A cover letter
- Two references
- Evidence of meeting English Language requirements (if applicable).
- Copy of UK resident visa (if applicable)
- Confirmation of EDI form submission (optional)
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must meet the country-specific information for European and international applicants.
- Language Requirement: IELTS 6.0 Overall (with no individual component) or Swansea recognized equivalent. Details on the Swansea University English Language entry policy can be found here.
Benefits of EPSRC PhD Scholarship
- This scholarship covers the full cost of UK tuition fees and an annual stipend of £17,668.
- Additional research expenses will also be available.
- Due to funding restrictions, this scholarship is open to applicants eligible to pay tuition fees at the UK rate only, as defined by?UKCISA regulations.