Luleå University of Technology (LTU) offers two new scholarships for 2023: LKAB for a bachelor’s program in Mineral Resource Engineering and LTU-scholarship for a master’s program in Electrification.
Both scholarships are granted on an academic excellence basis, and priority will be given to top academic students who have applied and chosen one of the full-time degree programs as their first choice at LTU.
Luleå University of Technology Scholarships
Luleå University of Technology (LTU) has four campuses and offers undergraduate and graduate programs in several disciplines, mainly in Mining Science, Materials Science, Engineering, Computer Science, Robotics, and Space Science. Established in 1971, LTU consistently ranks among the world’s top universities.
Why study at the Luleå University of Technology? LTU offers education in economics, society, health, technology, media, music, and teacher education. Overall, there are more than 130 different programs.
Application Deadline: January 2023.
- University or Organization: Luleå University of Technology (LTU)
- Department: Mineral Resource Engineering and Electrification
- Course Level: Bachelor and Master
- Award: Tuition fee & living expenses
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 2
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Sweden
Apply Also Kochi University of Technology
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Bachelor program in Mineral Resource Engineering and the master program in Electrification.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Students from countries within the EU/EEA and Switzerland (non-Swedish citizens) are eligible
- Students from a country outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland are also eligible
- For bachelor study: Applicants must have completed upper secondary education and have documented skills in the English language.
- For master study: Academic degree of at least 180 higher education credits with a clear technical profile from energy engineering, mechanical engineering, materials technology, civil engineering, mechatronics, electrical engineering, electrical physics engineering, physics, or related fields. The degree must include 15 credits of mathematics.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants who fulfill the admission requirements of the applied program are eligible for a scholarship.
- LKAB Scholarship for students applying to the international bachelor program in Mineral Resource Engineering.
- LTU Scholarship for students applying to the master’s program in Electrification.
- Supporting Documents: The application should provide a Curriculum Vitae and a motivation letter (a maximum of 600 words). The following questions should be answered in the motivation letter:
- Why do you want to study in this program?
- What other qualities do you have besides academic excellence?
- What are your career aspirations?
- Admission Requirements: Applicants should have upper secondary education for bachelor study and an academic degree of at least 180 higher education credits for master study.
- Language Requirement: Good knowledge of English, equivalent to English 6. More information about English language requirements
Luleå University of Technology (LTU) will provide all the following awards on the basis of academic excellence:
- Students from EU/EEA and Switzerland (non-Swedish citizens): Can apply for a scholarship that covers living expenses.
- Students from non-EU/EEA and Switzerland: Can apply for a scholarship that covers the tuition fee at LTU for the whole length of the program, provided that the study results are satisfactory. The scholarship does not cover living expenses.