Finally, Banting Fellowships Program in Canada is open now for international students. Banting Fellowship Program is a fully-funded Canadian Postdoctoral Fellowship program for Canadian Citizens, International Citizens, and Permanent residents of Canada.
Fully Funded Canada Fellowships are available in almost all academic fields. There are about 70 awards for this fellowship which is offered to postdoctoral Canadian students and international students from all over the world.
These fellowships are equally divided into three Canadian institutes that are Canadian Institute of Health Research (CIHR), the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC), and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC). These institutes decide which applicants should be selected for the fellowship program.
Vanier Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Program:
Vanier Banting Fellowship Program provides funding to the very best postdoctoral candidates from Canadian citizens and international citizens. All the applicants are selected by host institutions. The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program funds the top postdoctoral candidates who will make a beneficial contribution to the country’s economic, social, and research-based progress.
Apply: Vanier Graduate Scholarships
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program is unique in its emphasis on the synergy between the applicant and the host institute. The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program aims to attract and maintain top-tier postdoctoral talent on a national and international level; enhance their leadership potential; and equip them for success as tomorrow’s research leaders.
This scholarship funded 2 years of international students to support their postdoctoral studies in Canada in the fields of Health Sciences, Natural sciences, and engineering, Social sciences, and humanities.
Host Country: Canada
Research Center: There are about 3 Research Institutions, As Canadian Institute of Health Research (CIHR), the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC), and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC).
Fellowship Offered: Funded by Government of Canada
No of Fellowships: Around 70 Fellowships are provided to international applicants to have an opportunity in Canada.
Duration of Fellowship: 2 Years
Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
Benefits Of Banting Postdoctoral:
Are you interested in Fellowship in Canada? It is an excellent opportunity for students who want to pursue their postdoctoral studies free in Canada 2022. This international fellowship will cover almost all expenses during Postdoctoral Fellowship in Canada. The details of financial support are given below:
Expenses that will cover by Banting Fellowships:
- Applicants will get a $70,000 award annually.
- This is a fully funded fellowship program covering all the expenses of students who want to study in Canada.
- This fellowship is a big step towards trust, friendship, and creating peace all over the world and knowing the vast history of Canada, and a great opportunity to know about the Canadian Culture.
- The award will be given for 2 years
What Areas Of Research Are Offered?
- Health research
- Natural sciences and/or engineering
- Social sciences and/or humanities
Eligibility Criteria For Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships:
In order to qualify for a place for the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship program you will need to meet the following requirements:
- For Banting Fellowship, an applicant can be a Canadian or international resident.
- Applicants to the 2021-22 Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program must have completed a Ph.D., PhD-equivalent, or health professional degree between September 15, 2018, and September 30, 2022.
- This fellowship is offered only once in a lifetime.
- Only those Applicants are awarded fellowship who are selected by the host institution.
- In order to apply for a Banting fellowship, the applicant must contact the supervisor of the host institution to confirm eligibility.
What Is The Deadline For Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships?
The application deadline for the Vanier Banting postdoctoral fellowship 2021-2022 is 22, September 2021.
How To Apply For Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships?
- The applicant has to apply for the fellowship through host institutions.
- For applying, the first applicant needs to make a ResearchNet account.
- The candidates have to create a Vanier Banting Canadian Common CV (CCV) and then upload it to the ResearchNet application.
- As every host institution has a different deadline, so the candidate should check with the host institution before applying.
International Applications must be submitted online by visiting the Official Website of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships. All materials including degrees, transcripts, and references) must be submitted online.