Atlantic Technological University Stephen Walsh Memorial Scholarships in Ireland
Enhance your academic and career prospects by participating in Stephen Walsh Memorial Scholarships at the Atlantic Technological University in Ireland. The bursary is available for the academic year 2023-2024.
There are up to twelve awards designed for students entering a full-time undergraduate degree in the School of Engineering program with ATU Galway City, Dublin Road Campus.
Atlantic Technological University (ATU) is a renowned higher education institution located in the west of Ireland, with campuses in Galway and Mayo. ATU offers a wide range of undergraduate, postgraduate, and research programs across various disciplines, including business, engineering, science, humanities, and social sciences.
Why study at Atlantic Technological University (ATU)? With world-class facilities, excellent teaching and research staff, and a diverse and dynamic student body, ATU is an ideal choice for students who are looking for a high-quality and immersive higher education experience in Ireland.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2023
- University or Organization: Atlantic Technological University (ATU)
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Award: Up to €5,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Up to twelve
- Nationality: EU/EEA member state, Switzerland, or the United Kingdom
- The award can be taken in Ireland
Apply Also Columbia University
- Eligible Countries: Applicants of EU/EEA member states, Switzerland, or the United Kingdom.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The scholarship will be awarded in any subject offered by the university.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Be a first-year student in higher education.
- Be a citizen of an EU/EEA member state, Switzerland, or the United Kingdom.
- Have completed your Leaving Certificate exams within the last two years.
- Be a currently applied to a Galway-Mayo ATU full-time undergraduate degree via the CAO and meet the general and special entry standards.
- Only full-time undergraduate School of Engineering students at the Dublin Road, Galway campus will be considered for the Stephen Walsh Memorial Scholarship.
- Have a family income that is less than the current third-level maintenance grant criterion.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Applicants are required to fill out the online application form.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must provide the given supporting documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Academic Records
- An academic reference
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must fulfill the following admission requirements:
- As part of the grading process, you will be expected to provide a scholarly reference. Applicants need to make sure that they ask their schools for an academic reference.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must fulfill one of the following language requirements:
- Excellent fluency in the English language (verbally as well as written).
The €5,000 scholarship is intended to assist students entering an engineering program at ATU Galway who comes from poor socioeconomic origins or has endured tough personal situations.